September 06, 2013

Violated in Asda





I went to the supermarket Wednesday night. My parents need a new vacuum cleaner so I was checking out prices and especially the weight of them.  A late middle aged woman was there with what seemed to be her elderly mother. She was discussing the weight of vacuums and was looking at the same brand as me. I offered to pick it up from the shelf so she could feel its weight. Upon the back of this kind offering, the woman accepted and then proceeded on this endless discussion about the vacuum she had recently bought and the problems she had encountered with it.  Being a very polite person (its true dear readers, satire aside, a real gentleman) I politely listened and nodded at appropriate junctions of the conversation, during which, the woman took it upon herself to continually touch me. First it was the shoulder and then the chest and stomach and arm and shoulder again and stomach and so on and so on.

I was getting quite angry as this woman was just being a pervert. I mean I have to apply any logic that would apply to a man. It got me thinking how inappropriate this violation was and how as a man I was required to just take it. I couldn't slap her like a woman could, (although I beg to differ) there was nowhere to turn. The police would laugh, men would laugh, women would laugh indeed how we all laughed!  I am duty bound to accept female violation of space and boundaries as by product of being a man.

We have to assume that she was not getting sexually aroused during this violation, and even if she was and it had been obvious, nobody would expect me to make anything of it.  I'm just required to take this on the chin. Like the times when men are objectified on tv and woman are looking to the camera raising  an eyebrow as though its ok, I've seem it all before. Like when older women (pedos) have sex with under age boys and society deems it acceptable.

I'll be really honest, the passionate person in me wanted to punch her lights out. How the fuck dare she think it ok to touch me at all never mind flitting between shoulder chest and stomach? I would never disrespect a woman in such a way.  Can you imagine how my touching a strange womans' shoulder stomach and chest would be perceived? Maybe then people would pay attention. The police would be interested, the store detectives would intervene, machismo would come to her aid and my name would be printed in the local press listed as a pervert. But no, I eventually had to put my shopping basket between us and back away discreetly as this violation never seemed to end. Yet politely, I shrugged my shoulders as she eventually decided to check Argos or something and left me to my shopping.